Call-for-Artists for 10th Annual Zion Plein Air Art Invitational
Zion National Park and the Zion Forever Project are seeking artist applications for the 10th Annual Zion Plein Air Art Invitational, November 5-11, 2018. The week-long event features 24 of the country’s most accomplished landscape painters, working in one of the most spectacular settings in the world.
The Zion Plein Air Application and Program Guidelines for the 2018 event are available now. Click here.
Applications are due Monday, Feb. 18, 2018
Proceeds from this event support park programs, including Artist-In-Residence, Junior Ranger, Title I school field trips to the park, ranger visits to schools, and Concrete-to-Canyons – a 3-day field experience for underrepresented schools from Las Vegas and Mesquite, Nevada.
For more information, please see Program Details below, or call 435-772-3264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Details for Selected Artists
- There is a non-refundable entry/handling fee of $30 for each application
- Two or three framed studio art pieces will be required from each artist mid-August for display and sale in the Zion Museum gallery
- Artists are required to submit 8 – 10 pieces for sale at the Friday evening reception at the Zion Human History Museum
- The Zion Forever Project retains a 43% commission for each work sold, with proceeds directly supporting park programs
- Each artist will participate in a one-hour public demonstration, with demonstration piece to be auctioned during the event
- Artists are expected to interact with the public and provide painting schedules and locations to park staff in advance. They should paint in visible and public areas and attend scheduled receptions, lectures and other outreach events, and help promote Zion’s artistic history through blogs and social media.