2018 promises to be another interesting and informative year for the Fern and J. L. Crawford Lecture Series.
- Jan 18 Dr. Alan Titus presents “Phoenix from the Ashes: Tyrannosaur Mass Death Site, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument”
- Feb 16 David VanAlfen presents “The Paiutes and Prehistory: An Archaeological Problem or the Problem with Archaeologists?”
- Mar 22 Dan Flores presents “Coyote America: A Natural and Supernatural History“
- Apr 12 Jennifer Jordan presents “The Women of K2”
- May 19 James McVey presenting “The Pen As Sword: Western Nature Writing and Conservation.”
- May 21 John Branch presents “The Last Cowboys: A Pioneer Family in the West” 7 pm @ Hurricane Valley Pioneer Heritage Park, 35 W State St. Hurricane
- June 28 Dr. Candice Hansen-Koharcheck presents “Exploring Mars”
- July 12 Dr. Joseph Platt presents “Arabian Peninsula Wildlife
- September 21 Sara Dant presents “Losing Eden: An Environmental History of the American West“
- Oct 19 Dr. Christopher Norment presents “The Inyo Mountains Salamander: Its Ecology and Natural and Evolutionary History“
- November 8 Dr. James Swensen presents “Ansel Adams and Dorothea Lange in Southern Utah: Collaborators, Competitors, Best Friends and Enemies. ”
ALL LECTURES START AT 7:30 PM AT THE CANYON COMMUNITY CENTER IN SPRINGDALE (126 LION BLVD).